This is a typical workflow when processing an order via the FooSales apps:
- Orders are created when a cart is processed at checkout from within the FooSales apps.
- The product, cart and customer information is packaged and sent to your WooCommerce store where a new order is generated and set to complete.
- WooCommerce will then perform standard functions such as sending out the order emails, reducing stock etc.
- When an order is submitted, FooSales will open the order’s invoice for printing (unless configured not to do so in the app settings).
When creating an order, FooSales connects to your WooCommerce store and passes the order information to WooCommerce which then generates a standard WooCommerce order. Additional meta is added to the order which helps identify the order as a POS transaction. Orders can be created, viewed and refunded within the FooSales apps as well as within WooCommerce.
Viewing orders in FooSales
Go to the Sales History tab see see all past orders. Here you can view past orders, daily summaries as well as print receipts and cancel or refund orders (tablet apps only).
Viewing orders in WooCommerce
POS orders are displayed on the WooCommerce order management page. To view these orders go to WooCommerce > Orders in the WordPress Dashboard.
Orders processed by FooSales will display the relevant payment time in the POS column. Standard WooCommerce orders will display the Online tag. You can also filter orders using the order type drop down option.
Processing order refunds
(Currently only available in the tablet apps)
Orders can be refunded in WooCommerce or via the FooSales tablet apps.
- To do so go to the Sales History tab and select the relevant order.
- Select the Refund button displayed at the bottom of the order information screen.
- You can process a partial refund by selecting specific products or a full refund by selecting all products.
Confirm the refund request to complete the refunding of the order.