This is a typical workflow when processing an order through the FooSales apps:
- Orders are created when a cart is processed at checkout from within the FooSales apps.
- The product, cart and customer information is packaged and sent to your WooCommerce store where a new order is generated and set to complete.
- WooCommerce will then perform standard functions such as sending out the order emails, reducing stock etc.
- When an order is submitted, FooSales will open the order’s invoice for printing (unless configured not to do so in the app settings).
When creating an order, FooSales connects to your WooCommerce store and passes the order information to WooCommerce which then generates a standard WooCommerce order. Additional meta is added to the order which helps identify the order as a POS transaction. Orders can be created, viewed and refunded within FooSales as well as within WooCommerce.
Viewing orders in FooSales
Go to the Orders tab see see all past orders. On this screen you can view past orders, daily summaries as well as print receipts and cancel or refund orders.
By default, All Orders from your store will be displayed but you can also view just Online Orders or POS Orders by selecting this option in the drop-down.
Viewing orders in WooCommerce
POS orders are displayed on the WooCommerce order management page. To view these orders go to WooCommerce > Orders in the WordPress Dashboard.
Using the provided filters, orders can be filtered by order type (online or POS only), payment type, or by the cashier who processed the order.
The FooSales iOS and Android apps also include the ability to temporarily save orders. Once saved, they can be viewed in the Orders section as ‘Incomplete Orders’. You can continue adding items to a saved order or proceed to payment by pressing the ‘Continue’ button.
Processing order refunds
Orders can either be refunded in WooCommerce or via the FooSales web and tablet apps.
- To do so go to the Orders tab and select the relevant order.
- Select the Refund button displayed at the bottom of the order information screen.
- You can process a partial refund by selecting specific products or a full refund by selecting all products.
Confirm the refund request to complete the refunding of the order.
In the next step, you can choose to restock the refunded items by selecting the item and quantity to restock using the corresponding up and down arrows.